Preventing Mosquito and Tick Diseases
The Fall, Spring, and Summer can be a time for outdoor activities and exercise. Simple precautions can limit exposure to insect caused viruses and diseases.
- Wear insect repellent with DEET when outside during peak mosquito hours (from dusk to dawn)
- Dump standing water twice weekly
- Repair screens
- Wear long sleeves and long pants when outdoors during peak mosquito hours
- Use mosquito netting on baby carriages and playpens outdoors
- Arrange neighborhood cleanups to get rid of mosquito breeding sites